11 April, 2008

More Writings Added!

I finally took the time to go through some of my old college papers and have posted them in the sidebar. Keep in mind that they were originally written with the intent of meeting classroom objectives and may not drill down the various topics in extreme detail, but if nothing else I figure someone may be able to use them as a jumping off point for further study.

The paper I have started is concerned with the idea of taking up the cross. I was messing around on youtube a while back and stumbled on some clips of Gail Riplinger, a noted KJVOnlyist (an individual who believes the King James Bible is the only translation for English speaking people and any other English translation is spawned by the devil). There are many who hold a preference to a particular translation and there is nothing wrong with that, but some go on to believe that a believer cannot be saved if they use a modern translation. I have not written on the topic myself, but read what others have to say about it and heard some speakers as well and I personally don't believe the argument holds much weight, if any. I won't say much more on that that as there are a vast number of websites and books on both sides of the isle that can be referenced for a deeper study. I am a big believer in studying both sides of an issue and if you are interested in that debate, I encourage you to do the same.

Anyway, Riplinger, in the clip I saw was going on about the phrase to take up the cross in Mark 10:21, and I thought it would make a good study, from the textual, exegetical and application perspectives. I am just getting started so don't expect it next week or anything, but I believe it will make for an interesting read! :)

No comments: